One of the most used jargon in the management world is: -
"What gets MEASURED, gets MANAGED"
The same principle does applies to managing your Carbon Footprint. First step towards managing your carbon footprint is measuring your Carbon Footprint and this really becomes a cake walk with Carbon Footprinting Services provided by EnKing International.
Carbon footprint or GHG Inventory is the total amount of Green House Gases (GHGs) released into the atmosphere due to a particular anthropogenic (human) activity normalized according using the Green House Warming potential values of the GHGs.
Standards Available for GHG Inventory analysis: -
- The Greenhouse Gas Protocol by WBCSD and WRI
- ISO 14064-1, 2, 3:2019
To help delineate direct and indirect emission sources, improve transparency, and provide utility for different types of organizations and different types of climate policies and business goals, three scopes: -
- Scope 1 - Direct GHG Emissions
- Scope 2 - Electricity indirect GHG emissions
- Scope 3 - Other indirect GHG emissions
Steps to GHG Inventory analysis
- Understanding Business Goals and Inventory Design
- Setting Organizational Boundary
- Setting Operational Boundary
- Tracking Emissions over time
- Identifying and calculating GHG emissions
- Managing Inventory Quality
- Accounting for GHG Reductions
- Reporting GHG Emissions
- Verification of GHG Emissions
- Setting a GHG reduction target